If you are looking for an Islamic Travel destination, then look no further! Travel Of Islamic Sites has compiled a list of the top 10 best places to visit. This list includes destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe. Travel To these amazing countries and learn about their rich cultural heritage while enjoying some relaxation time at one of these beautiful sites.
Before you leave, you’ll want to look your best. Be sure to check out Andrew James Hair for the best men’s hair products, including travel-size pomades and beard oil.
1. The Kaaba – Mecca The holiest site in Islam, this cube-shaped structure is located within Masjid al-Haram mosque which can hold up to two million people during the Hajj.
2. The Grand Mosque of Mecca – Saudi Arabia This mosque is the largest in Islam and it’s located within Masjid al-Haram as well. It was completed by Ubaidah ibn Abi Muslim during Muhammad’s lifetime, but has been expanded several times since then.
3. Hagia Sophia (Constantinople) – Turkey Completed in AD 360 under Emperor Constantine I, this church changed hands many times throughout history between Christianity and Islam due to conquests before being converted into a Turkish mosque through Mehmet II’s conquest of Constantinople in 1453 until 1935 when they turned it into a museum instead. Most recently, this site was attacked on New Year’s Day in 2017 when a man set off suicide-bombs.
4. Dome of the Rock (Jerusalem) – Palestine This is one of three sites in Jerusalem that are central to Muslim religious life; it was built by Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan and completed around AD 630. It is located at the Temple Mount or Haram esh Sharif which has long been considered holy for Jews as well before their temple, called Solomon’s Temple, was destroyed during Roman rule over Judea about 2000 years ago.
5. Al Aqsa Mosque (Palestinian Territories) The second holiest mosque after Mecca according to Muslims because Muhammad spent his last ten days here right before being taken into the sky. It is where Muslims go to pray and read from the Quran
6. Al-Masjid al-Nabawi (Saudi Arabia) The holiest site in Islam because it contains Muhammad’s tomb, which was a mosque before Muhammad died. This Travel of Islamic Sites has been visited by around 40 million pilgrims annually, making this location one that no Traveler should pass up on when visiting Saudi Arabia.
7. Medina Mosque (Medina) – Saudi Arabia A place for prayers and religious education with over 500 pillars surrounding the area giving it identity as sacred space for Muslim people who come here to worship Allah through prayer and learning about religion. While there are many Travel Of Islamic Sites all around the world , Travelers should not forget the significance of this one.
8. Blue Mosque (Istanbul) Turkey A beautiful site inside and out; Travel Of Islamic Sites have always been popular here but never more so than now due to recent events affecting Muslims all over the world. Travelers can visit this area to get a sense of peace and tranquility, even if it is only for one day.…
If you love counting stars, spotting plants and exploring constellations under the blanket of the sky then look forward to a beautiful stargazing holiday and put it right at the top of your travel bucket list.
Thankfully, several destinations in the world offer incredible views of the sky at night. These cities are beautiful, natural, and boast of minimal pollution so you can even see them even with a naked eye.
Here we bring to you some of the beautiful places where you can have the perfect moment under the sky-
The region has been designated as the world’s first “Dark sky island”. Hereafter the sunset you can view the island illuminated with thousands of bright stars. You can very easily spot the planets, constellations, shooting stars without even a telescope. The Sark region also has its observatory for close encounters and understanding of the solar system.
Kerry region in Ireland boasts of star clusters, nebula, and andromeda galaxy all visible to the naked eye. The inhabitants have been observing the planets from this region for thousands of years and the region has been named the Dark Sky Reserve. These days guides make use of laser beam and telescope to further enhance the experience of the travelers.
Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on the earth and receives very menial rainfall. These dry conditions make it optimal to stargaze at night with little interference of pollution. The near-perfect visibility provides a crystal clear view of the famous constellations of the Southern hemisphere sky and includes Tarantula Nebula, Southern cross, and Large Magellanic cloud. These are the perfect reasons that make this place the best in the world to watch stars. Many Astro tourists visit this location for a personal stargazing experience.
Located in Japan, Iriomote-Ishigaki forms a perfect place to attain accreditation as the International dark sky places. It is located on the Yaeyama islands which are close to the tropic of cancer and from here you can see up to 88 constellations.
It is the largest reserve in South Africa that encompasses more than 7500 square miles. Many visitors flock to the region hoping for the sightseeing of the famous Big five- lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants, and water buffalo.
The remote location of the park and lack of pollution make it perfectly impeccable to view the sky on the Southern Cross, Scorpio, rings of Saturn.
Natural bridges national monument in the Lake Powell region in Utah has been certified as International Dark Sky Park. This recognizes that the region has some of the darkest and clearest skies in the world. Efforts are being made to maintain, protect and conserve the region. The main attraction of the dark skies is the river of a light phenomenon which is created by the Milky Way as it rises over Owachomo Bridge. It highlights thousands of stars visible clearly with the naked eye. You must plan to camp overnight at this beautiful location but it is important to note that photography in this region is prohibited.
It is located approximately 2500 miles to the Southwest of California and is studded with high volcanic peaks. The islands of Hawaii over the years have evolved into the world’s best astronomy destinations and the Mauna Kea summit is the most famous stargazing spot in Hawaii. It has one of the world’s latest observatories with the most powerful telescopes. Apart from that, the most surprising thing is that it is the only place in the world where you can drive from sea level to 14,000 feet in just 2 hours. This journey surely will help you reap the rich and starry rewards as you get to see many of the Northern hemisphere’s celestial wonders with awesome clarity, a constellation of Ursa Major and Orion.
It is a good enough spot to take photos of the surface of the moon and can take a cable car from La Mongie to the summit where the observatory is placed. The reserve encompasses UNESCO heritage site and French national park where you can even book an overnight stay for the stargazing night.
Located to the north of the arctic circle Kiruna is just 30 miles from Esrange Space Center. It is Europe’s; largest civilian space center. And if you want to add more surprises to the element then Swedish Lapland is your ideal destination which not only offers glittering constellations but also double whammy showing colorful aurora borealis. It is also known as the northern lights.
Costa Rica can surprise you when the weather conditions are just perfect. It is located near the equator and is uniquely positioned to view both the northern and southern constellations.
It is one of the few places where the Magellanic clouds are visible and the two irregular galaxies orbit the milky way. They were first identified by Ferdinand Magellan who was the explorer on this first voyage around the world. For perfect visibility make your travel plans from December to April.
These are the best locations in the world for a perfect stargazing night with your loved one. Make your moments extra special by planning a stupendous starry night trip and make it one of the cherishable, memorable, and rewarding as ever.…
Top historical places to visit during this year’s holiday
Over the number of years, we have developed some of the best and pretty monuments which are too good to be missed. There are several mind-boggling man-made historical sites and wonders which you should visit if you are interested in history and culture.
These breathtaking sites have been built by ancient civilizations and have been built hundreds and thousands of years ago.
Here we bring to you some of the best historical places that we believe every traveler must visit once in a lifetime.
The pyramids at Giza are almost 3000 years old. The three pyramids are aligned and contain tons of chambers. The largest one is called the Great Pyramid which was built by Pharaoh Khufu. These are truly a marvel of human engineering that was built long back. You will also find Sphinx nearby which houses mysteries to the researchers.
Taj Mahal in Agra was built in the year 1600 and is a testament to the undying love. The white marble tomb was built by Shah Jahan for his deceased wife. It was named as a UNESCO world heritage site in 1983 and is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Millions of tourists flock every year to witness the beauty of the Taj.
It is famous for its numerous walls and fortifications. It was built as a means of keeping out the Mongol Hordes while they were attempting to invade China. It was built in the 14th through 17th centuries and is considered a massive engineering construction by mankind.
It is located in Southern Peru and lies at the top of a mountain which is accessible through a 4-day trek or train. It is an important cultural center and was abandoned when it was invaded by the Spanish. UNESCO recognized it as the world heritage site in 1983 and was named as one of the seven wonders of the world in 2007. It is accessible round the year and the easiest way to reach is from Cusco by train to Aguas Calientes. It is a beautiful 3-hour trip that takes you along the Urubamba River and canyon walls.
The world has many historical sites and these are some of the best ones. There are plenty of others worth watching. Just make your checklist, get it ready and visit these amazing marvels of historic importance. The more you would explore the more you would understand the past. Visiting these sites will help you learn history.…